N.S.S. National Shooting Standards Challenge
Z.E.R.T. – brings training to you!! Complete the challenge and earn the N.S.S. Tab
What is the N.S.S?The N.S.S. is a drill designed by XP001 that allows beginners and advanced shooters to build and challenge their skill set with a rifle and/or a pistol on the range!
How it works
- Practice: Film yourself running the drill (If you are struggling to shoot the drill clean. Upload your video to get online firearms instruction direct from Z.E.R.T. Instructors!)
- Execute: Shoot the drill clean & earn the N.S.S. Tab!
- Prove It: Upload your video of you shooting the drill using the form at the bottom of the page. Z.E.R.T. will then upload your video to FB and Youtube with your Call Sign Number to show Z.E.R.T. Nation that you are one of the few in the Z Machine that has met the XP001 Challenge!
Extra Credit:SHOOT THE N.S.S. CLEAN WITH A RIFLE IN A GAS MASK AND EARN THE “IRREGULAR WARFARE” TAB! (Effective: October 2019)
Target Set UpTarget will be set at 7 yards for pistol or 15 yards for rifle
- T1- 1 shot from the holster, execute 1 shot on T1 each time from the holster (3 Reps)
- T2- 2 shots from the holster, execute 2 shots on T2 each time from the holster (3 Reps)
- T3- 1 shot from the holster, execute 1 shot each time from the holster STRONG HAND ONLY (3 reps)
- T4- 1 shot from the Compressed ready SUPPORT HAND ONLY, execute 1 shot each time on T4 from the compressed ready position (3 Reps)
- T5- 3 shots from the holster on T5, emergency reload (Slide Lock Reload) transition to T1, 1 shot on T1 (3 Reps)